Want to keep your energy up the natural way?
Store bought bites provide convenience - but you get SO much more nutrition (and flavor) by taking a few minutes to whip something up yourself.
It's the difference between factory assembled and home made 👈🏼 your body feels it. 💪🏼
Here are 5 painfully obvious snacks you probably forgot about. They take minutes to make! And you can stash them in your jersey for a rejuvenating mid-ride break.
- Spread some peanut butter and jelly on tortillas & roll 'em up. You’ll get a perfect mix of protein, fat and sugar - while feeling like a kid again. This is my # favorite bike snack! Just make sure to put it in a baggie :)
- Don’t forget the humble banana. It conveniently comes in its own packaging and gives you a nice dose of potassium.
- Pancakes on the go. Make with your flour of choice (many easy recipes online). Ditch the syrup & place in a baggie. You’ll look forward to a “pancake break”. Trust us.
- Homemade Energy Bites. Mix together your favorite nuts, seeds, powders and dried fruits. Add a little honey if you need more stickiness. Little balls of carbs, protein & fat provide stamina - and they taste pretty yummy too.
- Like nuts? Make your own trail mix. Super easy. You can even soak nuts overnight making them easier to digest. And of course a hearty helping of M&Ms makes this even more delicious!