6 New Year Resolutions to Make This Your Best Cycling Year Ever!
Make This Year Epic!
Write down three or more of these goals you want to conquer and post them somewhere obvious, like on the refrigerator!
- Register for an event. Go big!!! A century is a reachable goal this summer if you start planning and training. Check out the Gran Fondo’s in your area. Move the brain from winter festivities to spring active mode! Register now, nothing keeps you on track like cash on the line.
- Join a group, whether it’s a club, training group, shop ride, or a coach, it is important to find a group at your level. Reach out to someone to help hold you accountable and help you move to a new level.
- Ride to work Commuting two or more days a week is a sure fire way to burn those calories, get in shape, and save you money, and help you squeeze a work out with a busy schedule.
- Get your bike serviced NOW. A lot of your local bike shops offer a special deal due to the slow winter season. Don’t wait till that first perfect ride day to discover your bike needs some TLC!
- Track yourself Check out some of the great apps or gadgets to keep you on track. I like Strava, (there are a lot of great ones) it allows you to track miles or compete with yourself and others. Just the push you may need to crank it up a level!
- Set a mileage goal Get your bike computer battery changed, zeroed out and work toward a 2015 mileage goal.
"ONE TODAY IS WORTH TWO TOMORROWS. WHAT I AM TO BE, I AM NOW BECOMING" - Benjamin Franklin